The Together with Tenants Charter
In December 2020, Norton Housing and Support became an official adopter of the National Housing Federation’s Together With Tenants Charter. Housing associations that adopt the charter are making six commitments.
- Relationships: to treat all residents with respect in all of their interactions. Relationships between residents and the organisation will be based on openness, honesty and transparency.
- Communication: Residents will receive clear, accessible and timely information from the organisation on the issues that matter to them, including important information about their homes and local community, how the organisation is working to address problems, how the organisation is run, and information about performance on key issues.
- Voice and influence: The organisation will seek and value the views of residents, and will use this information to inform decisions. Every individual resident will feel listened to on the issues that matter to them and can speak without fear.
- Accountability: Collectively, residents will work in partnership with the organisation to independently scrutinise and hold it to account for the decisions that affect the quality of their homes and services.
- Quality: Residents can expect their homes to be good quality, well maintained, safe and well managed.
- When things go wrong: Residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. Residents will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.