Norton Housing & Support strives to provide an excellent service. We welcome your comments,
suggestions and complaints in order to continue improving our service.

Who Can Make a Complaint?

Any person with an interest in Norton Housing & Support can complain. This includes Service
Users, their relatives, carers and advocates, neighbours of our properties and Health and Social Care professionals.

How Do I Complain?

A complaint can be made verbally or in writing. You may make the complaint
yourself or ask someone to do it for you. This may be a relative or advocate, friend,
social worker, CPN etc.

You may want to ask an organisation such as LAMP or Citizens Advice Bureau to help you make a complaint.

Who Do I Complain To?

In the first instance you may wish to raise your complaint with a Support Worker / Warden or the relevant Team Leader.

You may also contact the  Chief Executive on 0116 2538541 (8.30-4.30 Mon-Fri), by emailing or by writing to Norton Housing & Support, 107 Newport Street, Leicester, LE3 9FU.

If you prefer, written complaints may be made for the attention of the Chair of Trustees, and addressed to the office.

What Happens?

Your complaint will be dealt with by the person you have contacted. You will be sent a letter within two working days acknowledging your complaint. Where possible a written response will then be made within 28 days.

If this is not possible a ‘holding’ letter will be sent explaining the situation and confirming the planned response date.

What If I Am Not Happy With the Decision?

You may write to the Chair of Norton Housing & Supoort Trustees at 107 Newport Street, Leicester, LE3 9FU, who may appoint members of the Management Committee to investigate your complaint.

You will be informed of their decision in writing.