We are currently seeking a Part Time Housing Assistant, 20 hours per week, on a fixed term contract until the 31st March 2023. The role involves supporting our Housing and Community Officer in the day-to-day housing management of our supported homes, ensuring a safe, secure, well-maintained and mutually supportive environment. Whilst the hours will be worked between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday, the specific working pattern is flexible. Additional hours may be available.
You will need experience of housing management, preferably in social or supported housing, be an effective team player and have excellent communication and organisational skills. You will also need a working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. A detailed Job Description and Person Specification for the role can be found below:
Whilst the role is based at our offices on Newport Street, travel to various locations around Leicester will be required and therefore a driving licence and use of own vehicle is essential – travel expenses are paid at a rate of 45p per mile between working locations.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the community we serve. To this end we actively implement equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and seek people who share our commitment. We strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly from underrepresented groups, including members of our black and minority ethnic communities.
The salary for the role is £9.75 per hour (£10,140 per annum). If you would like to join our team, we can offer you:
- 6.6 week leave per annum (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Additional annual leave for long service
- Full induction training for all new starters
- Health Plan, allowing you to claim back a wide range of everyday health expenses up to your annual limit, access to a 24-hour counselling service, tax and legal support, and shopping discounts.
- Attractive pension scheme
Our commitment to quality includes a strong focus on staff development, and we have held Investors in People status since 2012
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with –
- Your CV
- A personalised covering letter which explains your reasons for applying for the post and the relevant skills and experience you possess.
- A completed Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form – available in two versions, below
The closing date is 8.30am on Monday 30th May 2022. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 31st May and Wednesday 1st June 2022
Any offer of employment is subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check, as well as proof of Right to Work in the UK. Please note that a deposit is required towards the cost of the DBS check, which is returned after six months’ service.