Our high quality Personal Assistance Service provides specialist support to enable clients to live independently in their own homes. We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Personal Assistant (Mental Health). The role is initially offered on a 12 month fixed-term contract. Hours will be a minimum of 12 weekly, with potential for more, up to 25 per week. Weekend work is not normally required and support hours are generally between 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday.
As a Personal Assistant, you will work with Service Users in their own homes and in the community giving them emotional support, assisting them with budgeting, income or benefits, providing social support or help to cook or shop. There is no personal care involved. If you’d like to join our team, then we can offer you:
- 33 days’ leave per annum, pro rata (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Additional annual leave for long service
- Full induction training for all new starters
- Pension scheme (subject to meeting minimum requirements)
- Travel paid at rate of 0.45p p/mile
- Extensive and varied opportunities to develop knowledge, skills and competence
- Access to a rewards portal, offering discounts from more than 1200 UK retailers
- Our commitment to quality includes a strong focus on staff development, and we have held Investors in People status since 2012.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in the mental health or care sector, have a positive approach to promoting independence, be an effective team player and have excellent communication and organisational skills. As the role involves working in multiple locations, a driving licence and own transport is essential.
The salary is £8.37 per hour. Any offer of employment is subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check (refundable deposit payable)
To apply please read the job Description and person specification. You should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a Diversity Monitoring Form available here and a personalised covering letter which explains your reasons for applying and how your skills and experience meet those required by the person specification.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 23rd May 2019. Unfortunately, we are unable to acknowledge all applications.
If you have any queries or wish to discuss the role further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0116 2538541.
Norton Housing and Support is a Registered Charity (701800) Company Limited by Guarantee (01870880), and Provider of Social Housing (4676)