Have you heard?
Norton Housing and Support now provide training services! We have 35 years’ experience in supporting those with mental health needs and now our specialists want to support your organisation.
We have a variety of training programmes that fit your organisation’s needs!
Everyone has mental health, the same as everyone has physical health. Lots of people have periods of poor mental health and this is often when support is needed. We want to support and help organisations in ensuring they have the correct resources to support mental health in the workplace.
Did you know:
Last year, poor employee mental health cost UK employers £42billion?
Just 13% of employees would be comfortable talking about mental illness at work?
Only 13% of people reported that they live with high levels of good mental health?
We provide mental health awareness training that can help reduce; staff turnover, grievances, absenteeism, presenteeism and create a happy, fulfilling working environment. An organisation an employee never wants to leave!
Poor mental health is costly for both individuals and organisations, with our help the correct support and understanding can be put into place. Our goal is to provide solutions for mental health needs in the workplace.
Our training programmes cover mental health in all its guises. Our programmes not only show ways to support others but also ways to support your own mental health. They can be used as an ongoing CPD tool or as awareness/line management training. Whichever package you choose can be made bespoke for your organisation.
When we train, Norton talks about…
- What is mental health? We explore what this means to you and how mental health can have an impact on the organisation.
- The different types of mental health needs and the symptoms. We discuss core modules which include: depression, anxiety, stress, eating disorders, schizophrenia, addiction, self-harm, suicide and well-being.
- Supporting all levels of employees from front of line to CEO level, to be confident in supporting those with mental health needs.
- Ensuring everyone leaves our programmes with suitable strategies to support their own mental health.
The Norton bonus:
- A workbook. This will be used during our training programme and a tool that can be used in the future.
- Self-assessment tool to ensure we know the best training programme for you.
- Wrap around training/consultancy/121 sessions for staff and teams.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Complimentary lunch and refreshments throughout the day.