This vacancy has now closed
We are currently recruiting for a Personal Assistant / Warden (Mental Health) to work what we anticipate will be a minimum of five hours per week, with opportunities for more as our services expand. The role is offered on a zero hours contract basis.
As a Personal Assistant, you will work with Service Users in their own homes and in the community. Support offered is flexible, but may include emotional support, signposting, assisting with budgeting, income or benefits, social support or help to cook or shop.
As a Warden, you will work in our supported flats schemes providing tenancy support to adults with mental health needs. Duties include:
• Ensuring tenants are aware of their health and safety responsibilities and to encourage them to report any concerns.
• Ensuring communal areas are free from hazards.
• Ensuring the property is maintained in a good condition both internally and externally and reporting promptly any maintenance issues to the Norton Housing and Support office.
• Having regular contact with tenants, reporting any concerns regarding their wellbeing to the Senior Support Worker or Team Leader
If you’d like to join our team, then we can offer you:
• 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata.
• Additional annual leave for long service
• Full induction training for all new starters
• Pension scheme (subject to meeting qualifying earnings)
• Travel paid at rate of 0.45p p/mile
• Employee assistance helpline
• Extensive and varied opportunities to develop knowledge, skills and competence
• Our commitment to quality includes a strong focus on staff development, and we have held Investors in People status since 2012.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in the health or social care sector, have a positive approach to promoting independence, be an effective team player and have excellent communication and organisational skills. As the role involves working in multiple locations, a driving licence and own transport is essential.
Please note that weekend work is not normally required and support hours are generally between 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday. The role does not involve personal care.
The salary is £8.01 per hour. Any offer of employment is subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
The deadline for applications is 4pm on 25th June 2018.
To apply please read the
You should send us by email to email@example.com your CV and a personalised covering letter which explains your reasons for applying, and how your skills and experience meet those required by the person specification. Please note we will not consider CVs without a covering letter.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, including those with lived experience of mental health. Please complete the Diversity Monitoring Form, available Here
Unfortunately, we are unable to acknowledge all applications. If you have any queries or wish to discuss the roles further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0116 2538541.