We are currently looking to recruit for the roles of:
Support Worker and Floating Support Worker, working 15-37.5 hours per week
The roles involve supporting Service Users to better manage their mental and physical health, develop daily living skills, address financial issues, build confidence and self-esteem and develop social networks.
Before applying please see the Job Description and Person Specificatios for the roles, available below:
To apply you should email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a personalised covering letter which explains:
- your reasons for applying.
- how your skills and experience meet those required by the person specification.
- the number of hours you are interesting in working (full time is 37.5 hours per week).
- Please also complete the Diversity Monitoring Form, available below
One of our clients said “Norton Housing and Support has given me space to come to terms with having a mental illness. Before I was on my own and lonely, in and out of hospital. Now I feel supported, I am more stable, I have friends and a volunteering job”
If you would like to join our team, we can offer you:
– 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata.
– Additional annual leave for long service
– Full induction training for all new starters
– Pension scheme
– Travel paid at rate of 0.45p p/mile
– Employee assistance helpline
– Extensive and varied opportunities to develop knowledge, skills and competence within our growing service
Our commitment to quality includes a strong focus on staff development, and we have held Investors in People status since 2012.
The successful candidates will have experience of working in the health or social care sector, have a positive approach to promoting independence, be an effective team players and have excellent communication and organisational skills.
Please note that weekend work is not normally required and support hours are generally between 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday. The role does not involve personal care.
The salary is £8.01 per hour. Any offer of employment is subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Friday 10th August.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, including those with lived experience of mental health.
Unfortunately, we are unable to acknowledge all applications. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Monday 13th August. Interviews will be held on the afternoon of Wednesday 15th and the morning of Friday 17th August.
If you have any queries or wish to discuss the role further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0116 2538541.
Norton Housing and Support is a Registered Charity (701800) Company limited by guarantee (01870880), and Provider of Social Housing (4676)