We are currently seeking a Self-Employed Handyperson / Maintenance Person (£11.12 per hour) to work across thirteen sites, all located within Leicester and one in the Oadby area (maximum distance between sites approx. six miles).
The successful candidate will work one day a week initially, with scope for more. They will carry out a range of tasks within our homes, for example:
- Carpentry – putting up shelves, boxing in pipes, hanging doors.
- Plumbing – Commensurate with qualifications / experience replacing washers, bleeding radiators, unblocking toilets.
- Electrical – Commensurate with qualifications – normally replacing light bulbs and fuses and alerting staff where a qualified electrician is required.
- General gardening work – trimming hedges, sweeping leaves, pruning and assembling outside furniture
- Minor lock repairs
- Moving furniture and household item between sites or to recycling centres
The Full Job Description and Person Specification can be found here
You will need to have:
- experience as a general handyperson / maintenance operative or, ideally, within a trade such carpentry, electrics, plumbing.
- a friendly and approachable manner
- an understanding of confidentiality / privacy.
- a real commitment to delivering a quality service
- an awareness of safe working practices
- a full UK driving licence and use of a vehicle, ideally a van. (Travelling time between sites is paid at the normal hourly rate of £11.12 per hour.)
- own tools
- Public Liability Insurance (prior to commencement)
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed. They will also need to provide two references.
To apply, please send in a CV that shows your full chronological employment history, plus a covering letter which explains your reasons for applying, and the skills and experience you would bring to the role, to email@example.com, or by post to 107 Newport Street, Leicester, LE3 9fU for the attention of the Senior Administrator
The closing date is 25th April 2019.